Veg Seekh Kebab
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 94160 times
Traditionally seekh kebabs are made with mince meat that has been seasoned and pressed onto a tandoor stick before being lowered into the hot tandoor that makes it a perfect golden brown. Seekh kebabs are very rich and have been a favorite with royal families of India for centuries. Today seekh kebabs are no longer limited to the non-vegetarians menu. Made with grated boiled potatoes, carrots peas and dal this mouth-watering kebab will leave every one licking their finger tips. Since most of us do not have a tandoor available at home this recipe uses the grill or a charcoal barbeque to cook the kebabs. Enjoy these kebabs with fresh Hari Chutney.
- Clean, wash and boil the moong dal in 1 cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Combine the cooked dal with all the remaining ingredients, except the oil, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the dal mixture on it using your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4") long kebab.
- Brush each kebab very lightly with a little oil.
- Cook the kebabs over a grill or over a charcoal barbeque till they are evenly browned (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Serve hot with hari chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||83.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.