Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8748 times
Vegetable korma presents a medley of vegetables in a rich and spice laden gravy. The vegetables are stir fried and then simmered in a delectable gravy cooked in typical Indian way. Relish the vegetable korma with Parathas or naan.
- Chop beans, carrots, potato, cauliflower,cucumber,capsicum,onion, peeled zucchini.
- Heat oil in pressure pan, add seeds,asafoetida,curryleaves.
- Allow to splutter, add ground paste.
- Stirfry till oil starts to separate.
- Add vegetables, stir.
- Add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil.
- Add salt, stir.
- Close lid, put on pressure whistle.
- Allow to cook for 2 whistles.
- Remove from fire, cool till all steam has escaped.
- Open lid, sprinkle flour, stir gently.
- Check seasoning , correct if required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, serve immediately.
- Serve hot with bread, rice or chappatis.
- Making time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 3 servings
- Shelflife: best fresh
- Note: one may even make this dish in an ordinary pan, only it will take much longer for the veggies to cook. Besides, stirring has to be done intermittently, check if there is enough liquid to cook, etc. One may also use a small pressure cooker, and follow same procedure, instead of a pressure pan.
This recipe was contributed by shachi_rana on 05 Oct 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.