Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65954 times
A favorite vegetable preparation which is common in Maharashtrian households, the Veg Kolhapuri is spicy, rich and typically served with rice bhakris. The vegetables are cooked in a red chilli paste based curry along with the authentic mix of Kolhapuri masalas.
- Heat oil, add cuminseeds, allow to splutter.
- Add add chopped onion, saute till tender.
- Add paste
- Add red chilli powder, dhania powder turmeric powder and tandoori masala
- Stirfry till oil separates.
- Add salt, garam masala, and 1/2 cup water.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all vegetables. mix well.
- Cook till masala thicken enough to coat vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, mix, take off fire.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by jalvi on 22 Feb 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.