Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13297 times
Here is veg hotdog which is combination of veggie peti and lots of vegetables.
Add your private note
Veg Hot Dog recipe - How to make Veg Hot Dog
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the potatoes, vegetables, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala, salt and fresh bread crumbs in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chili paste and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add this tempering to the potato mixture, add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into round flat tikkis and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip the tikkis in the prepared batter and roll them on the bread crumbs so that they are evenly coated from all the side.
- Deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Slit the hot dog bun from centre.
- Heat non stick tava, apply 1 tbsp butter and toast the bun from both the sides.
- Open the bun and apply 1 tbsp green chutney on one side.
- Cut the cheese slice in two parts and put it on bun.
- Arrange3-4 slices each of tomato,cucumber and onion.
- Sprinkle salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Put prepared veggie peti,press a little.
- Apply 1 tsp of mayyonaise on peti.
- Apply 1 tbsp tomato ketchup on another side of bun.
- Close the bun.
- Similarly prepare another buns.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and waffers.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 01 Mar 2012Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.