Veg Fried Rice ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 119032 times
Veg fried rice, this is one dish that needs no introduction, and indeed it finds a place in every menu – from the street-side to five-star eateries! cooked rice combined with neatly cut juliennes of veggies and tossed in soya sauce. Since it’s a little on the blander side, you can aptly serve with chilli sauce. Goes well with vegetable manchurian.
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai till it smokes, add the celery and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites, capsicum, french beans, carrots and cabbage and sauté on a high flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, soya sauce, pepper, spring onion greens and salt, toss well and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Place equal portions of noodles on 4 plates and serve immediately with chilli sauce, soya sauce, chillies in vinegar and veg manchurian.
- To make 3 cups of cooked rice: boil enough water in a deep pan, add salt, 1 tbsp of oil and 1 cup of soaked and drained short grain rice and cook till the rice is 85% cooked.
- Drain using a strainer or colander and refresh using cold water. Let all the water drain out and ensure that the rice do not contain any moisture. Spread evenly on a thali and keep aside to cool completely. Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.