Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11087 times
The traditional south Indian favorite curd rice is now recreated as veg curd rice with vegetable added to the rice and curd mixture. The veg curd rice is delectably tempered with mustard seeds,curry patta and dals.Healthy and easy to prepare!
- Pressure cook rice in 2 cups water and 1 cup milk.
- Cut carrot and cucumber into small pieces.
- Finely cut ginger and curry leaves. cut green chillies into half.
- Mash gently the cooked rice and let cool.
- Sputter mustard seeds in oil and add the green chillies and then add to the cooked rice.
- Add the cut vegetables, ginger, curry leaves, pepper powder, hing powder and salt. mix well.
- Add the remaining milk and mix well.
- Finally add the curd, mix well and store in a container.
- Can be had after six hours.
This recipe was contributed by ss_naz on 14 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.