Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6745 times
Discover an easy to prepare authentic biryani recipe for your family and guests. Accompany the flavorful biryani rice preparation with mirchi ka salan and raita.
Add your private note
Veg Biryani recipe - How to make Veg Biryani
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 12 servings
- You can take cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, green peas as the mixed vegetables.
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and cool.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little water and rub until it dissolves.
- Add the saffron liquid and salt to the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onions until brown. Remove the onions and in the same ghee, add the cashewnuts and raisins and fry for a few seconds. Remove and keep aside for decoration.
- In the same ghee, add the paste and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and capsicum and fry again for 2 to 3 minutes. If you like, sprinkle a little water. Add the boiled vegetables and coriander and cook for a while.
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee at the bottom of a baking bowl. Make layers of the rice and vegetables, beginning and ending with rice.
- Sprinkle a little milk on top. Cover and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, turn upside down on a serving plate, garnish with fried onions, cashewnuts and raisins and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 08 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.