Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17592 times
Enjoy the popular Oriental vegetable recipe, Veg Manchurian as a main course side dish or starter. The vegetable Manchurian balls are prepared from a mix of chopped and grated vegetables and then are cooked in a hot and sour Chinese style cooked gravy.
Add your private note
Veg Manchurian recipe - How to make Veg Manchurian
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, cornflour, plain flour, garlic, green chilli, ajinomoto, salt and pepper in a bowl. mix well.
- Shape spoonfuls of the mixture into small balls. if you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water to bind the mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the stock, soya sauce, cornflour paste, sugar and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
- Just before serving, put the vegetable balls in the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.