Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3715 times
Vathakulambu is a South Indian style cooked vegetable preparation. The mixed vegetables are cooked in tamarind water along with grated coconut, chillies and garlic paste.
- First pour 1 tablespoon oil in a pan after oil is heated put mustard seeds, fenugreekseeds, tuvardal, asafoetida and fry till mustard crackles.
- It should not become black. then add onions/garlic/any vegetable.
- Then fry for sometime later on add sambar powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Later on add tamarind water,salt,little jaggery.
- For this kulambu to become thick add riceflour .
- Later on serve this in a bowl with rice.
- Note: all vegetables execept garlic and onion has to be boiled after frying mustard,fenugreek, curryleaves, asafoetida and tuvardal
This recipe was contributed by nithyavaidya on 17 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.