Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9244 times
1.when the mixture is not thick, make a paste with rice flour and add it to the boiling mixture.
2.sundaikkai vathal can be brought in south Indian grocery shops.
Add your private note
Vatha Kozhambu recipe - How to make Vatha Kozhambu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- First soak the tamarind in luke warm water.
- Then add oil in a tava and when the oil is hot add mustard seeds,urad dhal and little curry leaves.
- When mustard splutters then add onions,sudaikkai vatthal and fry it till golden brown.
- Then add sambar powder and rost it a bit
- Add the tamarind water alone and salt allow it to boil for 7 min.
- When it is thick add curry leaves.
- Powder urad dhal(2-tsp)and peppercorns and add it to the boiling mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in a tava
- Add mustard seeds and urad dhal(1tsp)and little curry leaves..
- When it splutters,pour it in the kozhambu.
This recipe was contributed by sudhagop on 23 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.