Vatana Muthia Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 234 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60468 times
Green peas simmered with spinach and fenugreek muthias in a sauce thickened with grated coconut and fresh coriander… doesn’t it sound delectable? trust me, it tastes even better than it sounds. What is more, kids love any dish that has green peas in it, so this is a good way to stuff some nutritious food into them! this vegetable is very easy and quick to prepare when frozen green peas are available.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and soda bi-carb and sauté on a medium flame for 15 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of water and the green peas, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the prepared palak methi na muthias, sugar and coconut-coriander masala, toss gently and simmer for 10 minutes or till the peas are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.