Vatana Makai Nu Shaak
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16919 times
Spice, flavour, crunch – whatever you seek in a subzi, you will find it in the Vatana Makai nu Shaak. A mouth-watering combo of green peas and sweet corn together with veggies like tomatoes and capsicum is perked up with a generous dose of crushed peanuts and succulent grated coconut. This delicious accompaniment gains its flavour not just from the green chilli paste but also from a traditional and aromatic tempering of cumin seeds. Enjoy hot and fresh!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the peanuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, corn, green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||180.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.