Varzaikkai sundal curry
This recipe has been viewed 636 times
While popping the mustard seeds close the lid of the pan to avoid it splurting out, but beware of the whole thing turning black.
Add your private note
Varzaikkai sundal curry recipe - How to make Varzaikkai sundal curry
Cooking Time: Total Time:
chole - 1.5 cups soaked and microwaved
raw Plaintain(varzaikkai)- 1 long/ 2 short ones skin peeled and diced
oil - less than 1 table spoon in non stick pan
mustard seeds - 1 tsp spoon
Urud dal - 1 tsp spoon
dry chiili flakes - 2 teaspoons
tumeric powder 0.5 tsp spoon
coriander- 1/10 of a bunch
mint- 4 leaves
coconut powder(dry) or ground coconut - 3-4 tbl sppons
asofetida - 1 teaspoon
salt - 3-4 tblspoons(or according to need)
Lime juice - 1/4 big lime or 1/2 small lime
- 1) add oil to pan, pop mustard seeds, add the urud dal, add the coriander and mint leaves and chilli flakes and fry till urud dal becomes light brown
- 2) add the chole(3/4 cooked in microwave) and 1 cup of water and allow to boil, the water will get soaked up
- 3) at this point add the diced raw plaintain.
- 4) add the turmeric powder and salt and 1.5 cups of water and dry coconut and close the lid to cook
- 5) wait till the water evaporates(the mixture should thicken)
- 6) at this time - check if the chole and the raw palintain have cooked well, if not then add one more cup of water and cover it with lid will water evaporates.
- 7) after it is cooked, remove from flame, cool and squeeze the lime into this.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#407884 on 17 Apr 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.