Vankaya Muddha Korra
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7583 times
A dish made of chawli (cowpeas) and brinjal. Served generally along with rice. A dish worth trying because of its unusual combination and flavours.
- Clean, wash and soak the chawli for an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the chawli, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the brinjal and 1 1/2 cups of water in a deep pan and cover and cook on a medium flame till the brinjal is tender, stir once in between. Mash it lightly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame, while stirring continuously till the dal turns light brown in colour.
- Add the brinjal, chawli, green chillies, ginger and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes, adding water if required, stirring once in between.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||201.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||36 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.