Vanilla Rum Cake
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9438 times
A Christmas special vanilla cake recipe, Vanilla rum cake is simply amazing. Try out other Christmas special cake recipes at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Vanilla Rum Cake recipe - How to make Vanilla Rum Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees. thoroughly grease and flour a tube or bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Combine all the cake ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare glaze. bring all the glaze ingredients to a boil until the end result is a thick runny syrup.
- After cake is baked, cool for 5-10 minutes (still warm) and remove from pan.
- Put cake back in pan so it doesn''''t stick when glaze is poured over.
- Poke deep holes about an inch apart all over the cake going from the top to the bottom.
- Pour hot glaze over the cake.
- Let the cake stand for another 1/2 hour or so until completely cooled and soaked with the glaze. invert onto a cake platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe was contributed by chica3578 on 11 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.