by vrunda naik
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6832 times
Vanilla cupcake is not only easy but also tasty. Do try your hand on these.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter with 4 cups of sugar, milk and the vanilla extract and beat with an electric beater on medium speed till smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup at a time and keep beating till it is thick and of spreading consistency.
- Add more sugar depending on your taste and preference.
- Store the icing in an air tight container and keep aside.
- Line 2 (1/2 cup-12 capacity) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Keep aside.
- 2.In a small bowl, combine the self rising and all purpose flour and keep aside.
- 3.In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric beater, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, for about 3 minutes.
- 4.Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the
- 5.Carefully spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a pre- heated oven at 180 º C or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- 6.Cool the cupcakes in tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Put the prepared cupcakes on a dry plate and place the frosting on top and serve.
- Do not store the icing in the refrigerator as that will make it set.It will stay fresh upto 3 days in room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 09 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.