Vaghareli Galka- Khichadi ( Ridge Gourd Khichdi)
by Sanjay M Nayak
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17078 times
A delicious khichdi made with ridge gourd!
Add your private note
Vaghareli Galka- Khichadi ( Ridge Gourd Khichdi) recipe - How to make Vaghareli Galka- Khichadi ( Ridge Gourd Khichdi)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Clean, wash and drain the dal and rice with enough water.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and saute till garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the pepper, bay leaf, cloves and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the rice and dal and mix well and add 6-8 cups water and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Sanjay M Nayak on 21 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.