Vagharela Bhaat ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41295 times
No waste, no haste! here is an easy and tasty dish that can be made in a jiffy with leftover rice. As a variation of this vagherala bhaat recipe, you can also add and sauté some onions after the tempering. Serve with fresh curds, to complement the spicy nature of this delicacy.
- Combine the rice, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the rice mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||49.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.