Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10319 times
Get ready to add spice to your evening menu by serving the Vagarni (Masala Mumra). The puffed rice or marmara are seasoned with mustard seeds, green chillies, roasted peanuts and lime juice.
- Soak the mumra in water completely.
- Take a deep pan and put oil.
- Once the oil is heated put urad dal.after is gets a little light brown in colour.
- Add cumin seeds. once it starts crackling add onion.
- Saute the onions till light brown,then add tomatoes,green chillies,meetha neem patta.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder,and salt.
- Cook well till all the masala gets mixed with the ingredients.
- Now take the mumra out from the water with hand and press to drain water,and put it in the pan.
- Follow the same procedure till all the mumra are in the pan.
- Now mix it with the ingredients,and put the lemon juice in it.
- Cook for 2 to 3mins and serve hot with salt lassi.
This recipe was contributed by bhrugu on 23 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.