Vada Pav By kkirti
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3443 times
Vada pav is a popular vegetarian fast food dish, popular in the Indian state of Maharashtra, especially Mumbai. The deep fried potato vada are placed in between a pav( Indian bun). This crispy and spicy snack is a favorite among all and is made easy to prepare with this vada pav recipe.
Add your private note
Vada Pav By kkirti recipe - How to make Vada Pav By kkirti
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilies together into a paste.
- Peel and mash boiled potatoes.
- Add ginger- garlic- green chili paste, coriander leaves, and salt to these potatoes.
- Then take 2 teaspoon of oil in a kadai. add mustard seeds. when they start crackling, add turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Pour it on the mashed potatoes & mix .
- Make small balls of mashed potato mixture. (you can make flat balls by pressing them in the palms)
- Now add some salt & turmeric powder to the gram flour . mix and add water to it . the batter should not be too watery or too thick.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Dip the balls in the batter of gram flour and deep fry till golden brown.
- Split pav spread garlic chutney on the inner surfaces of it. place the vada in it. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kkirti on 03 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.