Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6075 times
Relish the spoonfuls of Vada curry with steamed rice and experience the mix of great taste and good health benefits. The masala vadas are broken down and then simmered in a spicy coconut based curry and then served hot with chopped coriander leaves as garnish.
- Use left over vada’s (masala vada’s)- soak them for ½ an hour in hot water, break them up & make the vada curry or use cuddaley paruppu- soak & grind roughly like for vada flour
- To the ground dhal, add salt, turmeric pwd., green chillies, & asafetida pwd - mix well.
- Take oil & fry the minced onions,curry leaves, whole spices, chopped ginger, garlic paste
- Fry till a nice aroma arises
- Now add the ground dhal mixture, salt to taste, sombu powder - mix well
- Sprinkle warm water & let the mixture cook till done on a slow flame.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.