Vaangi Bhaat By mdsk
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5971 times
Vaangi bhaat is a traditional Maharstrian rice or bhaat recipe with the brinjals or vangi stir fried with ground masala and then added to the cooked rice. Add tamarind juice,peanuts and curry leaves to render that authentic vangi bhat taste and flavour.
Add your private note
Vaangi Bhaat By mdsk recipe - How to make Vaangi Bhaat By mdsk
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 5 minutes
- 1.roast all the masala ingredients with 1 tsp oil and powder together.
- 2.wash the rice, drain and mix with 1/2 the powder and salt to taste.
- 3.heat 2 tbsp ghee, fry cloves for 1/2 minute, and add to rice. add 3 cups water and cook till done. allow to cool.
- 4.soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water and extract the juice. ( or use 1 tbsp of ready made tamarind paste)
- 5.wash and slit brinjals from top towards stem, but do not to separate into segments.
- 6.mix remaining masala powder with salt and stuff the brinjals.
- 7.heat oil or ghee and season with mustard, black gram dal, peanuts and curry leaves. 8. 8. add brinjals and fry for a few minutes. 8.add tamarind juice , cover and cook on a low flame till they soft but not mushy.
- 9.add the cooked rice, keep covered on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- 10.add grated coconut, mix and serve hot.
- Mail | post your comments | contribute a recipe | start a discussion
This recipe was contributed by mdsk on 28 Aug 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.