Vaangi Bhaat By gunju
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7175 times
You can substitute the tamarind with the juice of one lemon. add the lemon juice after the rice is fully cooked.
Add your private note
Vaangi Bhaat By gunju recipe - How to make Vaangi Bhaat By gunju
Preparation Time: 5min approx Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash and boil rice in plenty of water till three fourths done. drain well, mix four tablespoons of oil and cool.
- Soak the tamarind in warm water and extract the pulp and keep aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil and lightly fry the masala ingredients. cool and grind to a coarse powder.
- Peel and slice onions, wash and cut brinjals into four or six pieces. wash and slit the green chillies.
- Soak chana dal for about ten minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and temper with mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and the chana dal. fry till well roasted and light brown in color. add the onion and sauté till it turns pink. add the green chillies and stir.
- Add the brinjals and stir-fry on high heat till it is half done. sprinkle turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt and add the tamarind pulp.
- Add the masala powder and cook till the brinjal is completely cooked.
- Mix the rice into this thoroughly and toss over high heat.
- Reduce heat, sprinkle little water, cover and cook till the rice is soft and completely cooked.
This recipe was contributed by gunju on 09 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.