Vaal Ni Dal ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
वाल नी दाल
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Vaal Ni Dal ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 175 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82605 times
Vaal ni dal is an interesting and unique preparation of field beans, that is prepared often in guajarati households. The raisins contrast and complement the choice of spices used in this recipe. When served with rice and a good choice of sweet, vaal ni dal qualifies as festive fare!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the carom seeds, asafoetida and red chillies.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sprouted vaal, raisins and salt and sauté on a on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and 2 cups of water. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, or till the dal is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.