Vaal, French Beans and Cauliflower Soup
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12961 times
Aromatic and sumptuous, the Vaal, French Beans and Cauliflower Soup is fit to be a meal in its own right. Loaded with ample veggies ranging from French beans and cabbage to cauliflower and tomatoes, not to forget nutritious lima beans and green peas, this wholesome soup is extremely flavourful despite not using onion and garlic. Sautéed celery and a garnish of fresh parsley impart a rich and fresh aroma to the soup.
- Soak the lima beans in enough water for 3 to 4 hours. Wash and drain.
- Combine the beans, 2 cups of water and salt in a deep pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 25 minutes or till the beans are tender. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the celery and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans and cauliflower, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes, green peas and beans-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the soup thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Discard the bayleaves.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||233.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||26.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.