Usli ( Kadhai and Tava Cooking Delights)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15385 times
Much-loved by the maharashtrians, the usli is a nutritious and tasty everyday preparation that is enjoyed by the kids as much as the adults, which is a great plus-point for any dish! made with mixed sprouts spiced and tempered traditionally, the usli is so simple, anybody can make it.
- Combine the mixed sprouts, salt and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep the mixed sprouts aside without draining the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame or a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, mixed sprouts (along with the water), lemon juice and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.