Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10226 times
Soak dals in medium hot water for time saving.
- Clelan each flower by taking crown(its long stem like thing
- With a small button head,and one petal which is in the tail of the flower.
- For every and each flower take away these two things.
- I think that it dont get digested easily.
- Chop these flowers and put them in buttermilk water(in a bowl add water, 3tsp of
- Buttermilkand salt mix well and put this
- Chopped flowers in this andcook till soft.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Now wash the tuardal and chanadal and soak them in water for 1 hour.
- Now grind this dals with turmeric,salt,4curry leaves and 4 red chillies.
- Donot add water while grinding and make a coarse paste.
- Now grease idly plates and put this paste like idlies.
- Steam for 10minutes or till done.
- Now take this idlies and crush them with your finger tips.
- Heat oil in a kadai and through some mustards.when they
- Spultter add urad dal red chilli and curry leaves.
- Now add this bananaflower and this dal and mix well.
- Adjust salt according to your taste.cover and cook for 3
- To 4 minutes and serve with rice and rasam or rice and kadhi.
This recipe was contributed by syamalalakshmi on 28 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.