Urad Daal ki Poori & Potato Curry In A Yogurt Base
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12138 times
This recipe of puris uses an urad dal paste that gives bulk to the puris and also makes them crisper. onion seeds add a hint of flavour to these puris
Add your private note
Urad Daal ki Poori & Potato Curry In A Yogurt Base recipe - How to make Urad Daal ki Poori & Potato Curry In A Yogurt Base
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal for 2 to 3 hours. drain completely.
- Purée the dal in a mixer using 1/4 cup of water to make a fine paste.
- Combine with the onion seeds, asafoetida, wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough.
- Add the oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Deep fry in hot oil over a medium flame till the puris puff up and both sides are golden brown. drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida. when the seeds crackle, add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, curry leaves and green chilli and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder and salt and sauté till the masala coats the potatoes evenly.
- Add ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the curds and bring to a boil while stirring continuously so that the gravy does not split.
- Garnish with the coriander
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.