Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5808 times
A very tasty snack or break fast item, the Upma is made from semolina or rava. The warm Upma is quite easy to prepare and is typically tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Serve the delicious and healthy Upma with grated coconut sprinkled on the top..
- In a broad pan add 1 tbsp oil and fry sooji for 3-4 min in sim.
- Transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
- In another vessel boil water.
- Meanwhile in the same pan that was used to fry sooji add the remaining oil and add mustard,and after it crackles,add black gram,bengal gram ,jeera,hing,curry leaves,green chillies,ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add onion,and fry for a min,then add potatoe and peas and cover and cook till potatoes are cooked.
- Now add tomatoes and salt and cook for another min.
- Then add sooji and salt for the sooji and mix well and add the boiled water.
- Keep stirring as you add water because sooji tends to form lumps .
- Now sim the flame and cover and leave it for 3-4 min.then remove from flame and squeeze lemon juice as desired .
This recipe was contributed by ravicharu on 17 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.