Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 751 times
This snack is kid friendly. make sure you don't cover tawa with lid, else potato slices will get baked. ground pepper neutralizes the effect of eating potatoes. coconut oil adds nice flavor. this quick snack goes well with coffee/chai.
Add your private note
Upperi recipe - How to make Upperi
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Medium Potatoes - 3-4
Ground Black pepper - 1 tsp or to taste
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
vegetable/coconut oil - 2-3 tsp
- 1. slice the potatoes thin (liek how you do for potato chips)
- 2. on a big tawa, heat 2 tsps of oil.
- 3. add mustard seeds and when they start spluttering spread them on the tawa
- 4.place all the potato sices one next each other closely.
- 5. sprinkle 1/2 salt and 1/2 ground pepper
- And let it heat until the potato side touching the tawa turns slightly brown.
- 6. now with a spatula turn around the slices and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Serve in small plates hot
This recipe was contributed by geethagv on 01 Aug 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.