Upma ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 260019 times
Upma, an extremely common yet lovable south indian snack, upma is a popular breakfast choice in mumbai too, quite affordable at rs 6 per serving, the tasty upma is served in small stainless steel quarter plates, garnished with coriander and coconut, along with mini wedges of lemon.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep pan and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves, onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the semolina and sauté on a slow flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the hot water and salt and cover and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Place equal portions of upma on 4 plates, garnish each plate with 1 tsp of coriander and 1 tsp of coconut and 1 tsp of nylon sev.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.