Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7572 times
Unniappam is a South Indian delicacy recipe with rice ground with bananas and sugar. These appam batter is then spread on apan and relished crispy hot with fried coconut pieces as filling and jeera powder as garnish.
- Grind the sugar,cardomom and plantain well,and add rice to it.
- To the thick batter ,add sodium bicarbonate and keep aside.
- Fry coconut pieces and jeera in ghee,and add to the mixture.
- Heat the unniyappakara and pour oil.now add the batter to the kara which has the boiled oil.
- Wait for the batter to fry,to get tempting golden brown unniyappam.
- Serve hot!
This recipe was contributed by Santhy56 on 02 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.