Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30267 times
A very popular Gujarati vegetable dish in Jain Style.
- Combine the fenugreek leaves and a little salt in a bowl and mix well. Allow to stand for 5 to 7 minutes and squeeze out all the liquid form the fenugreek leaves.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a soft dough, adding water only if required.
- Divide the dough into 18 to 20 equal portions and shape each portion roughly into a round by rolling it between your palms and fingers.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the muthias a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Make a criss-cross slit on each banana piece, ivory gourd taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff the vegetables evenly using ½ of the coriander-coconut masala mixture and keep aside.
- Combine the fresh papdi, toovar dana and the remaining masala mixture in a bowl, mix well and keep aside to marinate for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the carom seeds, asafoetida and soda-bi-carb and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the stuffed bananas, all the marinated vegetables, salt and 2 cups of hot water, mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a big non-stick pan, add the stuffed bananas and methi muthias, toss gently and cook on a slow flame till the bananas are tender, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by 387984 on 04 Mar 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.