Udad Stuffed Palak
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2439 times
Udad stuffed palak presents an unique steamed vegetable roll recipe with cleaned palak leaves smeared with an urad dal based spicy paste and then steamed.
- Select big , good palak leaves without holes or tear.
- Wash & pat them dry.
- Soak udad dhal & red chillies for 1 hour.
- Strain , add green chillies, hing , salt , curry leaves & grind with water to a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on each leaf liberally.
- Roll each leaf like a mat &secure with a toothpick.
- Keep them spread on a plate &steam for 7-8 mts.
- Remove &cool.
- Remove the tooth picks.
- Cut them into 1” pieces.
- Heat oil , temper mustard seeds , add the cut pieces &fry for a few mins on a low fire , taking care to turn them lightly , without breaking them.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.