by Amarendra Mulye
This recipe has been viewed 2313 times
We, Indians, have adopted majority of International cuisines and moulded them by giving an Indian Tadka to it. In India, many cuisines such as Chinese, Italian, Thai, have gained popularity. However, Turkish cuisine still remains unexlored by Indian home cooks. Also, there is a strong notion that most of the Turkish recipes are non-vegeterian. But even the Turkish cuisine has few very delicious vegetarian recipes. This Turkish Soup is an Indian version of Turkish Red Lentil Soup - 'Mercimek Corbasi', which uses chopped veggies like cabbage, carrots and capsicum that are largely used in chinese soups. This soup uses a special aromatic stock that gives it a pleasant aroma and flavor.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, cool and blend in a mixer into smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat water in a deep pan and add the bay leaves, cloves, celery , garlic and lemon grass, mix well and boil it for 10 minutes on high flame.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the carrots and saute them.
- Sprinkle salt over the carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage and again saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared stock and mix well.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook till the soup starts boiling.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot garnished with parsley and butter.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 11 Feb 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.