Turiya ni Chal ni Chutney
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 8677 times
This chutney is mainly made with the ingredient which is usually thrown off. Lot of vitamins are hidden in the skin of the ridge gourd so don't throw away but make this wonderful chutney which matches well with rice, rotis,chapatis,sanwiches,dosas and idlis. Have a nice chutney day!!!
- Heat 1 tsp oil in kadhai and add the chana dal and red chillies, mix well and saute till the dal turns golden brown in colour.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and the ridge peel.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till the skin becomes soft.
- Remove from the flame, cool and add the coconut, tamarind pulp and salt, mix well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, mix well and pur this tempering over the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 15 Jun 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.