by Tarla Dalal
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34360 times
Adding whole wheat flour dhokli to a vegetable preparation helps to balance the flavour and also makes the dish more filling. Here, coriander-flavoured wheat flour dhoklis are cooked with a simple ridge gourd subzi, making it more wholesome and tasteful. Serve hot and fresh, for a soothing and sumptuous meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep pan, and add the asafoetida, turia, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of water, chilli powder, ginger-green chilli paste and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the chapatis for a few seconds from both the sides.
- Cool and cut each chapati into diamond shapes.
- Bring the vegetable to a boil, the dhokli pieces and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes till the dhokli is cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.