by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22759 times
An innovative way to enjoy turai with traditional pulses sprinkled with coconut.
- Soak the chana dal in water for 30 minutes and then blanch it in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and discard the water. Keep the chana dal aside.
- Blanch the ridge gourd too in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and discard the water. Keep the ridge gourd aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When they crackle, add the chana dal, ridge gourd, red chilli flakes, coconut and salt and stir-fry on a high flame, for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle a little water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.