Turai Aur Moong ki Dal ( Dals)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20238 times
Not sure how to use up the remaining ridge gourd lying in your fridge? Make some delicious dal using ridge gourd an ingredient. Sautéed ridge gourd, onions and spice are cooked together with pressure-cooked moong dal and a sizzling hot tempering poured over it. Serve hot, it tastes delicious!
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in water for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the moong dal, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt with 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk well to mash the dal. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till it turns translucent.
- Add the turai, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal , ½ cup of water, mix well and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- 8. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a small pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- 9. Pour this tempering over the prepared dal and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||41.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.2 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.