Triple Schezuan Rice ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64527 times
Triple schezuan rice is a great alternative if you want something beyond regular fried rice or steamed rice. Spicy and wholesome, this dish will please your guests with its multiple flavors and textures that come packed in with the rice. Chinese rice is served with fragrant gravy made of ginger, garlic and schezuan sauces and garnished with freshly fried noodles before serving. The blend of rice and noodles with spicy notes of sichuan pepper tickling your palate makes this an unforgettable, delicious meal!
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the celery and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic, spring onions, cabbage and carrots and sauté on a high flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce, rice, noodles and salt, toss well and sauté on a high flame for another minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the schezuan sauce, spring onions and cabbage and sauté on a high flame for another minute.
- Add 1½ cups of water, soya sauce, tomato sauce, white pepper, sugar, salt and cornflour mixture, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes or till the gravy thickens. Keep aside.
- Warm the rice, place it on a serving plate and make a small depression in the centre.
- Pour the hot gravy in the centre, spread the fried noodles over it and serve immediately with chilli sauce, soya sauce and chillies in vinegar.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||390.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.