Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7187 times
Tridali dal is a delicious dal recipe with three dals such as chana, green moong and tuar all blended together with tomatoes, ginger, garlic and indian spice powders. A thick tridali dal recipe which is best served with parathas.
- Soak all the three dals in water for 2 hours.
- Pressure cook the dals for three to four whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Soak the tomatoes in hot water, peel the skin and blend them to make a puree. Keep aside
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds cracklel, add the aesofitida and the pureed tomatoes, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked dals and mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander on top and serve hot with home made phulkas.
This recipe was contributed by parkhi on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.