Tricoloured Pinwheel Cookies
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3822 times
Tricoloured Pinwheel Cookies, this is combination of three flavours in one cookie - vanilla,chocolate and rose, All these flavours complement each other and every bite is a delight.
You can pack these in an air-tight container as an anytime sweet treat. Kids will love to carry some in their tiffin too.
- First mix butter and icing sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Then add maida and bind the dough only with the finger tips.
- Do not knead the flour too much.
- Now make 3 parts of the flour.
- To one part add rose essence and pink colour and mix properly and keep aside.
- To the second part add cocoa powder and vanilla essence and mix properly and keep aside.
- To the third part add elaichi powder and mix properly and keep aside.
- Now roll the chocolate ball to a roti of medium thickness between two greased plastic sheets and keep aside.
- Then roll the rose ball to a roti similarly of the same thicknees and same diameter and keep aside.
- Then roll the vanilla ball to a roti similarly of same thickness and diameter and keep aside.
- Now place the chocolate roti on the vanila roti and place the rose roti on the chocolate roti.
- Again roll with a rolling pin with light hands so to remove the air between the rotis.
- Then carefully lift the plastic sheet and keep rolling to form a log.
- Refrigerate this log for 5 minutes.
- Then take out the log and cut to slices and press the slices(cookies) with light hands.
- Arrange the cookies on baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 1800ºc (350ºf).
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 04 Sep 2015Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.