by Chef Deep
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10159 times
These tricolor idlis give a healthy, tasty and colourful variation to the traditional steamed Idlis
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal in lukewarm water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain, wash and grind to a smooth paste.
- Cover and keep aside overnight to ferment.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and saute the grated carrot. Add red chilli powder and salt. Keep aside.
- Grind the green peas and green chillies together to make a coarse mixture.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan and saute the green peas mixture. Add salt to taste and keep aside.
- Add tha salt to the Idli batter and mix well.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds.
- Cover each idli with the topping to form a tricolour. Carrots for orange, cheese for white and green peas for green. Place these with light hands on the idlis.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Sambhar or chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Chef Deep on 04 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.