Traditional South Indian Kadhi
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5433 times
A sour and spicy traditional south Indian curd curry thickened with paste of grated coconut .
- Grind coconut, dhania, chana dal, green chillies, jeera into a thick paste.
- Whip the buttermilk and add salt to it.
- Add the grounded paste to the buttermilk. Mix it well and place it on heat on medium heat.
- Keep mixing it every two minutes until the froth like forms on the top. The buttermilk should not boil. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackles add curry leaves and add the seasoning to the warmed buttermilk.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 02 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.