Traditional Punjabi Kadhi
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27204 times
Every state in India has their own kadhi Punjab, also has its very own kadhi the Punjabi Kadhi. Spicy pakoras in kadhi makes it delicious lunch when served with plain steamed rice.
Add your private note
Traditional Punjabi Kadhi recipe - How to make Traditional Punjabi Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Mix all the ingredients of pakoda except oil adding about ½ cup of water to make thick dough
- Heat oil in a kadai, drop spoon full of dough and deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Whisk yogurt well and mix besan. Blend thoroughly so as to ensure that no lumps remain.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and three cups of water. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non stick pan.Add cumin seeds
- When the seeds crackles add fenugreek seeds, black peppercorns and red chillies.
- Stir-fry for ½ minute.
- Add onions and ginger and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add yogurt mixture and bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red chilli powder and fried pakodas and continue to simmer for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and papad.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 30 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.