Traditional Pizza By nazie
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3121 times
A quick, easy to prepare traditional pizza recipe with a freshly prepared pizza base which is topped with pizza sauce, vegetables and grated cheese. Traditional pizza makes for an excellent snack or meal option and is a favorite among children
- Slice the onions and capsicum for topping into thin round slices. keep aside heat butter.
- Heat butter. add chopped onions. stirfry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, bring to a boil.
- Pound together garlic, chilli powder, salt, clove-cinnamon powder.
- Add all ingredients except cornflour, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornflour in 1/2 cup water to make smooth paste.
- Add to the boiling sauce, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Stir and cook till thick enough to spread on pizza bread.
- Cool, stirring occasionally, to avoid surface from drying up. spread a ladleful of pizza sauce on the bread.
- Arrange slices of onions and capsicum over the sauce.
- Sprinkle coriander and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven, for 5 minutes or till cheese melts and base becomes crisp.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nazie on 11 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.