Traditional Lemon Rasam
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14789 times
The traditional south indian tomato rasam made tangy by adding lemon juice.
- In a pressure cooker, add the cooked dal and add enough water to make a mixture of thin consistency.
- Add the ginger, green chillies and tomatoes along with salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle and cool.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the grounded powder and coriander and pour this to the dal mixture and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.