Tortilla Bake ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9802 times
Wholesome and a filling recipe made using tortilla, vegetables, rajma and yummy white sauce. Serve this to your guest and all the praises.
- Combine both the flour, oil and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough warm water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and roll out each portion into a cirle of 175 mm. (7”) diameter.
- Cook each dough circle on a tava (griddle) lightly on both the sides and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté till the onions translucent, while stirring continuously.
- Add the garlic and green chillies and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles or till the rajma are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
- Mash lightly with a spoon and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions translucent, while stirring continuously.
- Add the onions, capsicum, corn and mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame till the mushrooms turn sft.
- Add the tabasco suuce, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the flour and cook on a slow flame until froth apperars, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Grease a 200 mm. (8”) ovenproof dish lightly with butter.
- Place one tortilla at the bottom of the dish and spread the refried beans over the tortilla.
- Place another tortilla on top and spread the vegetable layer evently over it.
- Finally place the third tortills on top and pour the white sauce evenly over it.
- Garnish with grated cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200. C (400. F) for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.