Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4208 times
Kashmiri alu dum is a traditional kashmiri potato delicacy where the potatoes are cooked under pressure (dum) in a rich spicy gravy
- Pressure cook the toovar dal till soft, but not over cooekd.
- Keep aside.
- Combine 2 onions, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, tomatoes, cumin seeds, coriander powder and the red chilies and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Slice the other onion finely and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves and saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the ground masala and saute for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the boiled dal and add a little water and mix well.
- Add the salt, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.