This recipe has been viewed 2589 times
Tomato chutney is a tangy chutney recipe with chopped tomatoes and garlic. A great accompaniment to any starter or snack, this tomato chutney can be prepared and stored in fridge and used as desired.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the green chillies, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Purée the mixture for a few seconds in a blender to get a coarse chunky chutney.
- Serve at room temperature or store upto 2 days, refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by tilo126 on 16 Jul 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.